Get insights and boost your business thanks to digital conference sessions and networking events all year long in addition to the on-site flagship conference programme.
Conference & events programme
Keynote speakers for MAPIC 2021 announced
MAPIC 2021 changing to meet the challenges of the industry
"After the global crisis we have all been going through, time has come for a reset! This MAPIC's edition will be a unique opportunity for our industry to gather and share thoughts and ideas on the challenges that lie ahead, and address them together with both optimism and determination." Philippe Houzé
Philippe Houzé is the Executive Chairman of the Galeries Lafayette group, a family-run company with 125 years of history in fashion, retail and commerce which owns the Galeries Lafayette, BHV/MARAIS, Galeries Lafayette Royal Quartz, Louis Pion, Mauboussin and BazarChic brands.
Businessman, tradesman, investor, Michel Ohayon began his career in 1984 in Bordeaux with the creation of SPIIC’s company, since renamed in Groupe FIB.
Group FIB, founded in 1990 and with nearly 5,200 employees to date, has positioned itself over time as one of the most dynamic players in investment, asset management, development and wealth enhancement.
A family business not listed on the stock exchange, Group FIB group continues to invest in many cities center in France with the target of the best spots, revitalizing and enhancing over time, a unique and historical heritage.
People & places: a new chapter
The launch of this year’s MAPIC comes at a time of unparalleled turmoil across the globe, with the retail, F&B and leisure sectors at the frontline of the devastating impact of the Covid-19 pandemic.
And so the challenge for 2021 is to have a theme that empathises with the pain of this moment. We want now to provide you with positivity and optimism for the end of the year and MAPIC, the leading global event to build urban and retail lifestyle destinations will give you rebound tools.
As a result, our intention for 2021 is to focus on “People and Places” and “A New Chapter”, because the whole industry has to encompass human, face-to-face interaction, emotions, new business models, innovation and the increasing role of social media networks and virtual communications, while also providing the best physical experiences locally, in cities and regions.
People & Socialisation
The new consumer
Upcoming online events
F&B and property: are we back to normal?
30 September - 15.00-15.45 CEST
- Is there a “new normal” arising in the relationship between F&B tenants and retail landlords?
- Are the new F&B formats (dark kitchens, etc.) disrupting the “old” property model?
- Is there a need for an increased transparency (margins, data…) in the tenant/landlord relationship?
- Can landlords mitigate their leasing risks investing in F&B brands?
Co-organised with WhiteSpace Partners
France focus - Shopping places : A deep dive into the new local commerce trends
6 October - 10.00-10.45 CEST
- The role of commerce to meet consumer needs in terms of local and value-based consumption
- Circular economy, barter, second hand, local businessmen, and artisans...: The levers of differentiation
- Supporting the local economy: the best partnerships between cities & shopping places
In French only
Online conference session held on MAPIC Digital platform
Exclusively reserved to MAPIC Full Access / MAPIC Digital pass holders
They will speak at MAPIC Cannes
Country Manager France
Senior Partner, LDP & President of the EME
Nicolas de Villiers
PUY DU FOU
FIVE GUYS JV
Head of RSE
GROUPE LOUIS DELHAIZE
What's in store for you this year
- 15+ online sessions on digital.mapic.com
- 25+ conference session in Cannes
Premium networking events
- 4 online networking events on digital.mapic.com (leisure operators, investment, franchise, food)
- 6 special events & closed-door summits in Cannes (investors, leisure, franchise, outlet, french cities, private equity partners)
Looking for direct business opportunities? Spot the hottest concepts & projects during our pitch sessions in Cannes to discover:
- new brands
- innovative initiatives from renowned retailers
- tech solutions
- leisure concepts
- restaurant chains & concepts
- available spaces in cities